BBC Worldwide have shared details on two upcoming adventures! Inferno (Jon Pertwee/Caroline John) & The Visitation (Peter Davison/Janet Fielding/Sarah Sutton/Matthew Waterhouse) are coming to DVD for the second time as special editions!
INFERNO Special Edition
Still chafing at his exile to the planet Earth, the Doctor (Jon Pertwee) is called in to observe the Inferno drilling experiment of Professor Stahlman. Stahlman’s search for a new form of energy goes horribly wrong when a green slime emitted from the drill site transforms any who come into contact with it into primeval monsters. Meanwhile, after experimenting with the TARDIS console, the Doctor finds himself transported sideways in time to a parallel version of the Earth, where the Brigadier is an eyepatch-wearing fascist and Stahlman’s experiments threaten to destroy the world. This was the last story to feature Liz Shaw until her return decades later in the ‘PROBE’ mysteries
Special Features are to be confirmed.
THE VISITATION Special Edition
It’s 1666, and medieval England is in the grip of the Great Plague. But when the Doctor and his companions arrive, they discover an even greater threat: the entire planet is in danger. As the Grim Reaper stalks the countryside, the Doctor uncovers an alien menace intent on wiping out humanity and claiming our planet for themselves. The Terileptils have arrived – and only the Doctor can stop them…
- Commentary with Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Matthew Waterhouse and director Peter Moffatt.
- Grim Tales – Brand-new 45-minute documentary. Former companion Mark Strickson takes Peter Davison, Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton back to the original filming locations while other cast and crew discuss their memories of the story.
- The Television Centre of the Universe: Part One – Peter Davison, Mark Strickson and Janet Fielding return to BBC Television Centre and meet up with old friends and colleagues to reminisce on their time in the iconic building.
- Doctor Forever: The Apocalypse Element – Examining the world of Doctor Who on audio. Including interviews with Colin Baker, Russell T Davies, Mark Gatiss and many others.
- Film Trims Shots and sequences cut from the finished programme
- Directing Who: Peter Moffatt
- Writing A Final Visitation: Eric Saward
- Scoring The Visitation – Interview with composer Paddy Kingsland
- Subtitle Production Notes
- Radio Times listings and BBC Sales Sheet
- Photo Gallery
- Coming Soon trailer
- Isolated Music Score
- Easter Egg
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality