The details of Doctor Who: The Green Death Special Edition have been released
Disc 1 Contents
- 6 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio
- Commentary with actors Katy Manning (Jo Grant), producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks.
- Bonus commentary with actors Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and Mitzi McKenzie (Nancy), moderated by Toby Hadoke (episodes 3 – 5); and with actress Katy Manning and writer Russell T Davies (episode 6).
Disc 2 Content
- The One With the Maggots – Cast and crew look back at the making of this story.
- Global Conspiracy? – A spoof investigative report looks at the strange happenings in the village of Llanfairfach.
- Visual Effects – An interview with the story’s visual effects designer, Colin Mapson.
- Robert Sloman Interview
- Stewart Bevan Interview
- Wales Today – Two pieces from the BBC Wales news programme – a mute 1973 film insert from the filming of The Green Death, and a 1994 item with Jon Pertwee opening the new country park that was built on the site of the colliery used in the story.
- Doctor Forever – The Unquiet Dead – In this unique interview, new series creator Russell T Davies and then BBC Controller of Drama, Jane Tranter, talk about the genesis of Doctor Who’s rebirth on television in 2005.
- What Katy Did Next – A look at Serendipity, the TV series that Katy Manning presented after leaving Doctor Who.
- The Sarah Jane Adventures – Death of the Doctor – This two-part story from 2010 sees Katy Manning reprising her role as Jo Grant and a guest appearance by Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor. Optional Commentary with actress Katy Manning and series creator Russell T Davies.
- Radio Times listings (DVD-ROM)
- Programme subtitles
- Production information subtitles
- Photo gallery
- Easter Eggs
- Coming soon trailer
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
Region 1 – 13 August (US, Canada)
Region 2 – 5 August 2013 (Europe, Japan, Middle East, South Africa)
Region 4 – TBC (Australia, New Zealand, South and Central America)
Please note: release dates are provisional and subject to change