The overnight UK viewing figures for last night’s Doctor Who Christmas special, The Husbands of River Song, have been released.
The special had 5.77 million viewers on average and a share of 29.4% of the overall audience. That’s a small fall from last year, but the year on year drop is actually smaller than most shows this year, which saw another notable drop in ratings across the board.
Doctor Who was eighth for the day in a tightly packed leaderboard:
- Downton Abbey – 6.88 million
- Strictly Come Dancing – 6.49 million
- Mrs Brown’s Boys – 6.41 million
- Stick Man – 6.36 million
- The Queen – 6.1 million
- Coronation Street – 5.85 million
- Call the Midwife – 5.80 million
- Doctor Who – 5.77 million
- EastEnders – 5.73 million
- Brave – 5.50 million
- Emmerdale – 4.42 million
The consolidated viewing figures will be released next week.