The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, featuring an interview with new companion Pearl Mackie, previews of the first few episodes of Series 10 and episode titles for most of the rest of the series, is out now.
The in-depth interview with Pearl Mackie sees her talk about her feelings on joining the show as the newest inhabitant of the TARDIS:
“Every day. I have about a million different emotions. I’m excited. I’m nervous. I’m full of anticipation, really. Probably the same as most of the fans. Also, we’re still filming at the moment – we’re wrapping up the series so I’m trying to fit in all those emotions between, like, learning my lines. Which is fun. And a bit mad.”
“Bill is very inquisitive, but she’s also very, very real and very human, so she does ask those kinds of questions – about him having two hearts, and where the toilet is in the TARDIS, and she says the TARDIS looks like a kitchen because it’s all shiny. She’s not, like, a sci-fi veteran. She likes sci-fi, but in her head it’s very ‘fi’; it’s completely fictional, and then she’s thrown into this amazing world where actually it’s all real and everything – anything – is possible. For something who’s human and 100% of this Earth, it’s completely mind-blowing.”
Alongside the usual news, reviews and competitions – and a free massive double-sided poster – other features in this month’s edition of Doctor Who Magazine include:
- Meet The Team For 2017: In his exclusive column, showrunner Steven Moffat introduces the team of writers for the 2017 series.
- New Series Previews: Exclusive previews of the first three episodes of the new series: The Pilot, Smile, and Thin Ice, including interviews with the writers.
- Meet The Producers: DWM gets the lowdown on the new series from Doctor Who’s two producers, Peter Bennett and Nikki Wilson.
- Doorway To Hell: The brand-new comic strip reaches its climax in Part Four of Doorway to Hell, written by Mark Wright and illustrated by Staz Johnson.
- This Is Terminus: This issue’s Fact of Fiction explores the 1983 story which sees the Doctor arrive on Terminus, where suffers from Lazar’s disease go to die…
- The Curse Of The Black Spot: The Doctor, Amy and Rory board a seventeenth-century pirate ship, as the Time Team continue their mission to watch every episode of Doctor Who.