Details for this month’s issue of Doctor Who Magazine have been released.
The latest edition of the magazine features an exclusive interview with cover star and new Doctor Jodie Whittaker, who made her Doctor Who debut in last month’s Christmas special Twice Upon a Time.
The actress discusses her regeneration scene, as well as working with costume designer Ray Holman on her Doctor’s new look, unveiled to fans a couple of months back:
“The very first meeting we had was all very secret and incognito. As we were talking I was completely distracted by the colour of the wallpaper behind us. I told Roy I absolutely loved that colour, and that’s the colour of the trousers.”
The new issue also features Chris Chibnall‘s first column for the publication as showrunner, in which he looks forward to a new era for the show:
“What’s evident is Doctor Who’s extraordinary ability to embrace change while remaining exactly the same show that people love.”
As well as the usual news, reviews and features, this month’s issue of Doctor Who Magazine also includes:
- Rachel Talalay: The director of Twice Upon a Time on the filming of Peter Capaldi and Jodie Whittaker’s regeneration scene.
- Twice Upon a Time: Exclusive set report and unseen images from the 2017 Christmas Special.
- Who is John Smith?: The fan turned visual effects pro who worked on the Twelfth Doctor’s final adventures.
- Dudley Simpson: Tributes to the composer who wrote some of Doctor Who’s best-loved scores.
- TARDIS Building: A first-hand account of how the 1960s TARDIS prop was recreated for Twice Upon a Time.
- Meet the Dr Men: Writer and illustrator Adam Hargreaves explains how his Mr Men entered the world of Doctor Who.
- The Face of Evil: The Fact of Fiction explores the 1977 story that introduced the Fourth Doctor’s companion Leela.
- The Phantom Piper: Part Three of The Phantom Piper, a new comic strip adventure featuring the Twelfth Doctor and Bill.
[Source: Doctor Who Magazine]