365 Days of Memorable Moments and Impossible Things is a new non-fiction book by BBC Books that documents a key point in Doctor Who’s history and narrative for each day of the year. The book, written by Justin Richards, is released on the 10th March and is available to pre-order here.
365 Days of Memorable Moments and Impossible Things
For over half a century, Doctor Who has entertained and enthralled fans with the time-travelling adventures of the Doctor and his companions. From that first glimpse of a police telephone box in a Totter’s Lane junkyard, to meeting terrifying villains such as the Daleks or the Weeping Angels, to the fall of the Doctor’s home planet Gallifrey, the beloved series has provided a near-inexhaustible list of indelible memories.
This book is a unique and captivating day-by-day chronicle of those memories. In this fascinating compilation of fictional and historical events from the world’s longest running science-fiction show.Doctor Who expert Justin Richards revisits iconic characters, thrilling plot twists and memorable battles, as well as sharing bonus behind-the-scenes secrets from both the classic and new series.
On this day in Doctor Who:
- 8th January: Leela joins the fourth Doctor in the TARDIS
- 1st February: The Cybermen disrupt Jackie Tyler’s 40th birthday
- 25th February: The Sontarans invade Gallifrey
- 6th March: Rose Tyler joins the ninth Doctor in the TARDIS
- 10th March: Davros creates the Daleks
- 10th April: The Titanic sets sail with the ninth Doctor on board
- 30th April: The War Doctor ends the last Great Time War
- 3rd July: Steven Taylor joins the first Doctor in the TARDIS
- 7th September: The seventh Doctor is born
- 23rd November: The first Doctor appears in the first ever episode of Doctor Who
- 3rd December: Agatha Christie solves a mystery with the tenth Doctor
- 15th December: The fourth Doctor meets Sarah Jane Smith