Skip to content

North of England preview screenings for Twice Upon A Time

This year’s Doctor Who Christmas special, Twice Upon A Time, will be screened in advance at several locations across the North of England next month.

The preview tour will offer lucky fans in eight locations the chance to see this year’s special – in which Peter Capaldi bows out as the Twelfth Doctor – before it is screened on BBC One on Christmas Day.

Those at the screenings will most likely have to wait for their first look at Capaldi’s successor Jodie Whittaker in action, however, as the last few moments of the episode are being held back until the festive special airs on television.

Those wanting to apply for tickets can do so from today via a random draw on the BBC Shows and Tours website, with 75% of tickets at each location going to local postcodes and the remaining 25% available for the rest of the UK.

The full list of dates and venues for the upcoming screening tour is:

  • Thursday 14 December: Hartlepool Town Hall Theatre, 7pm
  • Friday 15 December: The Guildhall, York, 7pm
  • Saturday 16 December: Jubilee Church, Hull, 7pm 
  • Sunday 17 December: St Nicholas Cathedral, Newcastle, 7pm
  • Monday 18 December: The Middlesbrough Empire, 7pm 
  • Tuesday 19 December: Dock 10, MediaCityUK, Salford, 7pm 
  • Wednesday 20 December: Durham School, 7pm 
  • Friday 22 December: Old Odeon, Bradford, 7pm 

As well as Twice Upon A Time, next month’s northern England tour will offer preview screenings of two other upcoming festive treats featuring Doctor Who stars. Newcastle and Hull will host screenings of the animated adventure The Highway Rat, with former Doctor David Tennant leading the voice cast.

Hartlepool and York, meanwhile, will be previewing the return of comedy The League of Gentlemen. All three performers – Steve Pemberton, Mark Gatiss and Reece Shearsmith – are former Doctor Who guest stars, with Gatiss due to reappear once more in this year’s Christmas special.

Adrian Mills, General Manager of BBC North, said:

“We can’t wait to bring this wonderful seasonal programming direct to our audiences in the North and we’re sure they’ll enjoy this exclusive BBC content.”

Entry to the ballot is open now, with the deadline on Sunday 3rd December at 11pm. Applicants can request a maximum of four tickets.

[Source: BBC]