The nice chaps over at Doctor Who TV have announced details for the upcoming Blu-ray release of the Jon Pertwee serial Spearhead From Space. The cover art for the release can be seen to your right and details of the contents can be found below:
Exile! The Time Lords have banished the newly regenerated Doctor to Earth. But The Doctor isn’t the only alien to have arrived, as a swarm of meteorites have crashed into the sleepy English countryside, bringing with them a terrible new threat to mankind. As the Nestene plan takes shape, UNIT, the Doctor and his newly appointed scientific advisor, Liz Shaw, race against time to stop humanity from being replaced by a terrifying plastic facsimile race. With an Auton army on the rise, and no TARDIS to help him, could The Doctor’s latest incarnation be over before it has truly begun…?
- Full HD remaster of 4×25 minute episodes.
- A Dandy and a Clown – exclusive documentary looking at the life and career of Jon Pertwee, with contributions from actors Katy Manning, Judy Cornwell, David Jacobs, Geoffrey Bayldon and Kenneth Earle, Doctor Who writer and script editor Terrence Dicks, and long-time friend Stuart Money.
- Carry On: the life of Caroline John – a tribute to the actress who played the Third Doctor’s companion Liz Shaw.
- Title sequence raw material – raw, mute test and build-up material produced during creation of the Jon Pertwee title sequence.
- Restoration comparison – This release was mastered in 2K from the original 16mm camera negatives and interpos prints for the best possible quality. This short feature compares the results against previous versions and looks at some of the problems encountered during the remastering.
- Programme subtitles.
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality.
- Coming Soon trailer (in Standard Definition).
- Reversible cover, with the artwork in the standard Doctor Who DVD template on the reverse.
The Blu-ray release of Spearhead From Space is released on the 15th of July. You can now pre-order the release from all major stockists.
[Source: Doctor Who TV]