The latest edition of The Essential Doctor Who, sister magazine to the official Doctor Who Magazine, has been released by Panini.
Adventures in Space explores stories from the world of Doctor Who set in space, which for almost sixty years has been the setting of some of the show’s most epic stories and fearsome encounters.
Editor Marcus Hearn says:
“Oxygen showed that space is one of the most hostile environments the Doctor has ever visited. This issue goes behind the scenes on that episode, and many of the preceding stories that belong in the same tradition. Bring a smartsuit – it’s dangerous out there!”
Adventures in Space features all-new articles and rare images alongside interviews with:
- Bob Baker (co-writer of The Three Doctors, The Invisible Enemy and many more)
- Nick Bullen (costume designer for The Space Pirates)
- Jamie Mathieson (writer of Oxygen)
- Pat Mills (comics legend and co-writer of The Song of the Space Whale)
- Hayley Nebauer (costume designer for the 2017 series)
- Louise Page (costume designer for the Ninth and Tenth Doctors)
- Charles Palmer (director of Oxygen)
- Sid Sutton (Doctor Who title sequence designer)
Other highlights include a look at the groundbreaking model shoot for The Trial of a Time Lord, a fresh insight into the career of the show’s original story editor David Whitaker and guides to acclaimed stories such as The Daleks’ Master Plan and The Ark in Space.