The latest issue of The Essential Doctor Who, sister magazine to the official Doctor Who Magazine, has been released by Panini.
The Essential Doctor Who: Time Travel traces the development of the time-bending narratives that have featured in Doctor Who since 1963, describing the rules that were laid down – and subsequently revised – by the series’ writers and producers.
Highlights of the issue include:
- Frankenstein vs the Daleks: A look at Terry Nation’s first draft of The Chase
- Original Evil: David Whitaker’s story treatment for The Evil of the Daleks
- The Gamble With Time: The complex pre-production of City of Death
- Creating Angels: A visit to the churchyard that helped to inspire the Weeping Angels
- River’s Run: Unravelling the complex chronology of River Song’s relationship with the Doctor
The 116-page bookazine also includes guides to time-traveling stories such as The Ark, Mawdryn Undead, A Christmas Carol and Listen, along with exclusive interviews and numerous rare images.
Editor Marcus Hearn says:
“This is a fresh take on a vast and potentially challenging subject. Everyone in this issue has done a great job, coming up with new facts and theories about stories I thought I knew inside out. If you’ve ever wanted to know more about the Blinovitch Limitation Effect or the Bootstrap Paradox, then look no further!”
The Essential Doctor Who: Time Travel is out now, priced £9.99.
[Source: Doctor Who News]