Following the Fourth and Fifth Doctors’ recent ventures into Blu-ray with the Season 18 and Season 19 releases, the Third Doctor will be joining his successors with his own new box set.
New artwork and pre-order details for the new Season 10 Blu-ray box set, featuring Jon Pertwee’s Third Doctor, have officially been announced in a trailer featuring Katy Manning:
The box set contains The Three Doctors, Carnival of Monsters, Frontier in Space, Planet of the Daleks and The Green Death.
The season is notable for being the first episodes to be broadcast in colour. We were also introduced to Roger Delgado’s Master, the Time Lord Omega and Katy Manning’s Jo Grant.
There are also a range of bonus features, including:
- A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s Era presented by Matthew Sweet, with contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks and interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss.
- Optional updated special effects including surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks
- Five new instalments of Behind the Sofa featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin and John Levene
- Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne
- Keeping up with the Jones’ in which Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan return to the Welsh locations from The Green Death.
- A repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973
- Hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures featuring Jo Jones and the Eleventh Doctor.
The box set is scheduled for release on Monday 8th July – the day after Jon Pertwee’s 100th birthday.